Trapping Node Up /Node Down

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Trapping Node Up /Node Down
From: "Brizzi, Ray" <Ray_Brizzi@anntaylor.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:05:15 -0500
I have a very small group of NT machines that I need to monitor for going up
or down.

The traps I am interested in are

50709400 Node Marginal
58916864 Node Up
58916865 Node down

I tested nvmail and it does what i need it to do.

So how do I trap these three events to let me send email? The event traps
seem only to refer to SNMP at a level that I'm not familiar with.

Thanks, Ray