Re: AD Suffix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AD Suffix
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 07:15:00 -0500
Sergio, prior to V6, there was a problem with Admin-Down interfaces.
When they changed to Up, Netview would not notice. I believe the solution
they implemented to deal with that was to delete those interfaces and
rediscover them when the status changes to Up, to get rid of the AD. Is
it possible that these interfaces are both Admin Down AND Oper Up?
I have seen this on Wellfleet routers a lot (Bay routers with oid
1.3.6.1.4.1.18.*)
In that case, I have noticed that at every config poll, or every netmon
startup,
there is a flurry of events stating that the interfaces are Admin Down,
then
that they are Up. If you can change the configuration of the interfaces to
Admin Up, that will clear up the problem. Perhaps there is some reason
for this combination on that particular type of router, I don't know.

Detroit

Paul Sandler <paul@swebs.com>@tkg.com on 12/16/2000 12:03:20 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com