Re: Upgrading nv6.0 to Nv6.0.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Upgrading nv6.0 to Nv6.0.1
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 18:02:05 -0500
I am sorry to hear about your difficulty but you haven't given us nearly
enough information to determine whta your problem was.  This is the first
report of such a problem that I have heard, because the install part of
6.01 is the most exhaustively tested part of it.  Verification installs and
re-installs dozens of times during system test.

What exit code or message was given for ovtopmd and trapd when you did
ovstatus?  The others won't start if they don't.  Are you sure there were
no other copies of them already running?  What other daemons were running
at the time?  Did you ovstop nvsecd and try again?

When you say you ran setupenv_sh did you ovstop nvsecd first?  If you don't
bring down ovspmd and nvsecd, then re-running the environment scripts does
not good.  All other daemons inherit their environment from ovspmd, so you
must get the environment right before he is started, and he is started by
the first ovstart command.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT