Re: Upgrading nv6.0 to Nv6.0.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Upgrading nv6.0 to Nv6.0.1
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 21:40:35 -0500
So what were the warnings in the update.log?

Detroit

"Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius@fnb.co.za>@tkg.com on 12/18/2000 03:09:28
PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   "NV-L@tkg. com (E-mail)" <NV-L@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Upgrading nv6.0 to Nv6.0.1

Hi all

I have Netview 6.0 on AIX 4.3.3

I installed the netview server patch(6.0.1) onto my server, I did not
install the database patch because I presume from the ovtopmd configuration
it says use SQL database and it is set to no, and I did not install the
client as I don't have a client.

The patches installed successfully (just 2 warnings in the update.log).
However I could not start the daemons trapd, ovtopmd , ems* and a couple of
others.
I tried after running setupenv_sh to no avail , also reset_ci still
nothing.

I then backed out the change and the daemons came up without a problem on
6.0.

What is going wrong?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks