RE: wrong interfaces added to CISCO LS1010

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: wrong interfaces added to CISCO LS1010
From: "Robert Ingersoll" <bob.ingersoll@usaa.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:11:26 -0600
We had the same problem (IY14228).  HSRP support was rewritten in 6.0 and
the problem results from NetView thinking that every ARP (IpNetToMedia)
entry with an HSRP MAC address (e.g., 00000C07AC0B)is an HSRP interface.
The fix for IY14228 is in test and updates netmon to provide a -V option to
supress this method of discovering HSRP interfaces.  Of course, if you use
this fix then you'll need to define HSRP interfaces in your seed file.  This
will have to do until the next Tivoli rewrite of HSRP support.

The problem only occurs on some of our LS1010s and we suspect an LS1010
configuration option may be the cause of these 'false' HSRP ARP entries.
But we haven't been able to confiirm this.

--
Bob Ingersoll
USAA Information Technology Company (ITCO)