OV_Node_Down_Unix vs. OV_Node_Down on TEC?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: OV_Node_Down_Unix vs. OV_Node_Down on TEC?
From: "Ray Westphal" <rwestphal@erac.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:59:57 -0600
Hello Everyone.

I manage a 6.0.1 NetView server running on AIX 4.3.3.

What is the difference between the 2 subject node down events? I had the
specific interface down trap 58916867 occur at 8:19 this morning. Then the
node down specific trap 59816865 trap followed. By the next status poll
cycle a minute later I had a specific interface up 58916866 trap and a
specific node up trap 58916865 occur. I spoke with the server admins. and
there was a brief outage at the time.

TEC showed an OV_Node_Down_Unix event for the first node down trap but never
cleared with the (58916865) node up trap. I even sent node up traps through
the Server Setup/Diagnose menu.

Earlier in the day, a node down occurred with another non-Unix device. It
was simply reported as OV_Node_Down. The subsequent node up cleared or
closed the TEC alert.

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal