Re: GIF Editor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: GIF Editor
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:58:37 -0500
Guys -

This issue was discussed on this very forum in detail back in October and
you would do well to consult the archives at  http://www.tkg.com/nv-l
and search out a few of the earlier appends.

But as Leslie never tires of saying, NetView is a basically a discovery
program, not a drawing program.  The background GIFs are only suggestive
and fixing a host icon to a complex background location was not part of the
original design, which is why this has never been upgraded.  If you want
that to happen, then you need to contact Support or your marketing rep and
open a formal enhancement request with Tivoli.

Here is just one example of what you can find in the archives on this
topic:

     >In the meantime, I have found a shareware that can convert any image
types
     >(JPG, BMP, etc.) to GIF (either GIF87a or GIF89a).

     >it is located on http://www.logipole.com and is called konvertor :it
works
     >nice.

     >Thank you for your help.