Router CPU usage high

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Router CPU usage high
From: michael.hamm@tudor.lu
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:41:26 +0100
Strange CPU usage on a CISCO Router.

I poll just 1 time a minute to recive just one MIB value (CPUbusy)
to check the CPU usage of the router.

Nearly periodically  every half houre the CPU usage go up to 70%.
Once or twice a day the CPU usage go up to 99% - 100% for 1 houre.

in this time, the router shows me 85% of CPU usage go to IP SNMP Process.

Its a CISCO 2500  with IOS 11.3

Is it possible that NetView with one Request a minute is resonsible
for this??? I cant belive. But ther is no other machine using
SNMP to acces the router. And the SNMP process thakes 85% of CPU.

I check the interfaces for SNMP trafic. It is close to zero.