RE: Antw: Router CPU usage high

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Antw: Router CPU usage high
From: "MERY Olivier (Neuilly Gestion)" <olivier.mery@cetelem.fr>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:07:14 +0100
Some years ago, installing a second netview (it was V5) for development on
the net lead one of our 7500 to 100% cpu (99% on IP SNMP) which prevent it
to its primary job : packet forwarding. Even serial console access was
blocked. It immediately stopped after netview shutdown. So be careful to
your polling interval config and how many manager you run. I think V6 is
handling discovery thru CDP first, V5 did it on arp cache only which needs
more SNMP accesses.

Olivier MERY
Responsable Réseau
CETELEM