RE: Netview web interface

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview web interface
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@eastman.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:50:53 -0500
Sarah, here's how I did it once upon a time. You will need the
"netpbm" package which is available from shareware sites such as
http://www-frec.bull.com

1) Dump the screen using "xwd". Position your map so that no other window
overlaps any portion of the map you want to dump. Enter "xwd -out
filename.xwd". Your cursor will become a crossbar. Click once on the map and
it will dump the screen in xwd format to the filename.xwd file.
2) Convert the xwd file to ppm format using the netpbm "xwdtopnm" utility:
"xwdtopnm filename.xwd > filename.ppm".
3) Convert the ppm file to gif format using the netpbm "ppmtogif" utility:
"ppmtogif filename.ppm > filename.gif".
4) You may now include the gif image in a html document.