Nways 2.1 startup problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nways 2.1 startup problem
From: jon traynor <jon.traynor@uk.tesco.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:45:38 +0000
Hi, does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing a problem I'm having
with Nways 2.1 not starting up correctly. It seems to be a database type
problem as I get  a dialog window with the following error on startup:

Server errors:
SQLException

The Nways program starts but there are no options, just an Nways Deployment
Manger folder with none of the usual 2210/2212/2216 folder options underneath.
I have performed a db2stop and db2start on both nwaysdb2 and nwaysadm, but
this does not make any difference. I am running a duplicate Netview/Nways
system as a failover box which is running OK. Using xps on both systems, I
have noticed a difference with the processes that are running. The tree for
these is as follows:

db2wdog  -> db2sysc  - > db2ipccm
    db2tcpgm
    db2tcpdm
    db2gds  -> Schedular

db2wdog  -> db2sysc  - > db2ipccm
    db2tcpgm
    db2tcpdm
    db2gds  -> db2resgn
      db2servlst
      db2pclnr *
      db2dlock *
      db2loggr *
      db2pfchr *
      db2pfchr *
      db2pfchr *
      db2agent (CFGMAN *

* All processes are running on both boxes apart from these, which are not
running on the box with the problem,  which I suspect is where the problem may
lie.

I have checked the log files but they don't seem to spring up any error
messages. File systems have plenty of space.

Note: It was working ok until I physically moved the box last week. It may be
that something hasn't started correctly. Netview 6 is running just fine on it.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Jon Traynor

 ---- Disclaimer ----
 This is an e-mail from the Tesco Plc Group of companies. The contents of
 this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to
 which it was addressed, or in the case of an incorrectly addressed e-mail
 message, the intended recipient. No-one else may copy, use, disseminate or
 forward all or any part of it in any form.

 In addition, no-one should place any reliance on the contents of this
 e-mail. If you receive this e-mail in error please accept our apology.
 If this is the case we would be obliged if you would contact the sender
 and then delete the e-mail.