Re: Nways 2.1 startup problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Nways 2.1 startup problem
From: Jim Kellock <jkellock@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:09:47 -0500
Jon:  Nways questions should be posted to the web-based forum at
http://www.networking.ibm.com/support, then register, if not already
registered, and select your forum (product,version).

I'll try to give you some things to look at before you make your post.
It's definitely a db2-related problem, maybe with a little Java tossed
in.  Make sure that the db2 instance user can log on and start db2, and
can access the database from inside db2.  Inability to do this will
point to the instance user.

Check /usr/CML/JMA/java/properties/CfgManProperties.txt and make sure
all of the parameters there are still valid, including the path to the
jdbcDriverName.

Make sure the httpd server is running.  The Java communications require
RMI over httpd, whether you're running it locally or not.

Make sure all of the daemons are running.  You need the JMAintegrator as
a background process under ovspmd, and after the Netview EUI comes up,
there should be two or three additional java scripts running, one
containing the string CfgManJmaLauncher. Make sure it's up.

And, when you say you moved the box last week, did that involve any
addressing or hostname changes to it? Did you change any users or
passwords?

Hope this helps when you post to the Nways forum.  If there is something
else going on, you should probably open a PMR with support.

Good luck.