Antw: RE: How to remove map ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antw: RE: How to remove map ?
From: "Michael Seibold" <Michael.Seibold@gek.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:03:17 +0100
Sorry for the first mail a few minutes ago, I evetually touched the
send-button...

Maybe this helps:

- create new map with "Save as <new_map_name>" as described below
- shutdown Netview with "ovstop nvsecd"
- cd /usr/OV/databases/openview/mapdb
- mkdir <deleted_map_name>
- cp -r <new_map_name>/*  <deleted_map_name>
- only to be shure you have the permissions to delete: chmod -R 777
<deleted_map_name>
- start netview with /etc/netnmrc

I think now you should be able to delete the <deleted_map_name> and the
<new_map_name> - maps

Michael Seibold
Gmünder Ersatzkasse GEK

>>> cfmolina@iies.es 15.01.2001  19.22 Uhr >>>
Hello
> I would bring up the default map and do a Map SAVEas using the name of the
> missing map.  Then you should be able to delete it.

I've tried this but it does not work because there is a reference to the old
map. It is necessary to use a different name.

> Paul

>Have you tried just creating that directory?
Yes but the same error is displayed