Re: Messages in netmon.trace file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Messages in netmon.trace file
From: "joe pagliuca" <joseph_pagliuca@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:11:09 -0500
Frank,
NetView 6.01 has a bug with netmon. Netmon in NV 6.01 is using Cisco CDP to
discover next hop routers. I had an experience after installing/upgrading NV
6.01 and using a seed file to limit discovery netmon went out and discovered
every router in my enterprise that has CDP turned on! I could not stop it!!
I had errors similar to the one you show. I opened a PMR and got a fix from
Tivoli support which resolved the  problem . You need to get the patch for
the netmon daemon.