Re: AS/400 Mibs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AS/400 Mibs
From: Jim Kellock <jkellock@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 16:20:45 -0500
And there's still a Redbook called
An Introduction to AS/400 SNMP Support , SG24-4504-01, at
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg244504.html.
As I recall, it basically says you use MIBII mibs, all of which are
already on your NetView machine.  There are just bits and pieces of some
MIBS, as I recall, that are implemented in the agent, so saying a
specific MIB is supported may mean a variety of things.

And there are several Redbooks specifically about Managing AS/400's
using Tivoli software on S/390, UNIX, IT Director, and Storage
Management (ADSM), as part of a SAN, as a Domino Server, etc, that go
well beyond what you can do with MIB-II SNMP gets.