Re: nettl message

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nettl message
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:10:16 -0500
Post the excerpt here, Jim, and let's have a look at it.  Usually nettl
identifies the process, the pid, and so on for each message.  If that isn't
there then I wouldn't have any idea how to figure it out, unless you could
identify the preceding and following messages in the log.  We could always
search through code here if you open  a call to Support.  Or you could
modify the nettl options to do more tracing and see what else shows up at
the same time. But I've never heard of anything like it.  Only two
processes I know of regularly get UDP traffic, pmd and trapd.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Jim Kellock <jkellock@nc.rr.com>@tkg.com on 01/31/2001 06:37:06 AM