NetView for NT 6.01 FECN and BECN Stats

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView for NT 6.01 FECN and BECN Stats
From: "AAMI Information Technology" <it@aami.com.au>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:53:25 +1100
Can anyone help with this problem I'm having with NetView for NT 6.01.
I am trying to display FECN and BECN statistics from Frame Relay circuits
on our routers. If I use the MIB Browser the data returned includes the MIB
values as well as the MIB instances for all the circuits. Presumably the
browser is interrogating the interface table to get all the Frame Relay
circuits. It is not possible to specify a particular circuit. The instance
name is in the form index.dlci where index specifies the physical interface
from the interface table and dlci is the data circuit connection ID used by
each Frame Relay circuit on that physical interface. So far so good.
However when I use the collector to periodically poll for this information
the instance name returned merely specifies the index without the dlci.
Therefore it is impossible to tell which circuit (via the dlci number)the
returned MIB
data applies to. Also, the FECN and BECN values returned do not make sense.
They should be integers but are exponentials with tiny values.

Anyone got any ideas?

Ross Shirrefs
Network Systems Programmer
AAMI