Event forwarding...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Event forwarding...
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 13:39:02 -0600
Hi.  We are running NV 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.2.  In the past we enabled the
forwarding of events to T/EC, but it killed T/EC, because we were forwarding so
many at once.  I now have my events window configured to use a rule called
forwardsev.rs.  This has Events->Event Attributes->Forward with the "Events
Attributes" set to a Severity of >= 3.  The event window appears to just
display the trapd.log file until you apply a filter.

How can I verify my forwarding rule will work correctly without risking another
crash of T/EC?  I'm also assuming that the events windows does not have to be
displayed anywhere for this to work, right?

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!!

Craig Treptow
Principal Financial Group