Solaris MLM with 2 nics

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Solaris MLM with 2 nics
From: "Martyn Oram" <martyn@northwind.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:46:36 -0800
Hi. I currently have Netview for Unix 6.0.1 installed, which talks to one
of the nics on a Solaris MLM. The MLM's other nic is on a private 10.*.*.*
subnet. (IP forwarding is not turned on). I thought that once I installed
MLM on the dual-nic Solaris box, the MLM would be able to discover and
monitor and poll the private 10 subnet, and report back to Netview. I
followed all the instructions to setup the MLM to do local polling and
discovery.

On my netview map, the gui shows the MLM's nic on the 10 subnet as down,
and the 10 subnet is on the map as a white icon (unreachable), that has no
nodes in it.

The smartset that was created for this MLM tells it to monitor the 10
subnet.

What piece am I missing to get the 10 subnet to show up on the netview
gui, and the MLM's nic on the 10 subnet to show as green, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Martyn Oram
Principal Consultant
NorthWind Consulting Services