Discory Problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Discory Problems
From: Clarence Hart <rti1clh@ismd.ups.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:00:29 -0500 (EST)
Hey All,
        Solaris 2.6 & Netview 6.0

        I added several cisco (HSRP enabled) 3548 switches to our network
        and hoped they would be automatically discovered.  I was hoping for
        quite some time :0

        i tried to run netcheck, pinging the machine and nothing seemed to work.
        For automatic object creation.  So I manually created the object
        and it probed the device for snmp information.
        My question is how do I change one of the object fields?
        field# 280 for this object shows the wrong subnet mask so it doesnt
        show up  on the correct sub-map.  The field name is
        "TopM Interface List".  The other field that logs subnet information
         is correct(field name "IP Subnet Mask")

         Any ideas?  Im thinking just edit the field and all will be fine..

         We searched the switches config files and "255.255.240.0" is not
listed anywhere.

Clarence Hart
UPS
Office: 410-560-4182