Re: Discory Problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Discory Problems
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:30:16 -0500
You say that the IP Subnet Mask field is correct. That must be on the
Interface
object, since nodes don't have that field. And the TopM Interface List is
on the
Node object. Check the netmon log (/usr/OV/log/netmon.trace) and I suspect
you
will see a notice telling you that the node is in the wrong subnet, and
that you should
delete it and rediscover it. Maybe a demandpoll (Test...Demand Poll) on the
node
will help.

When you added the node, did you edit the IP properties and verify that the
mask was correct? That is the most likely cause for it being wrong in the
first
place. Problems like this are why I prefer the natural discovery over the
manual.
For that, I would suggest setting up a seedfile and putting the node in
there, and
deleting it and letting Netview discover it for itself.

Detroit

Clarence Hart <rti1clh@ismd.ups.com>@tkg.com on 02/09/2001 01:00:29 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com