Re: dataPush to DB2, message problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: dataPush to DB2, message problems
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:38:44 -0500
You are pushing data to DB2 for the TDS Guides?  The TDS Guides do not
currently support DB2.

You are right about the mesage -- some variable has not been filled in.
I'd call Support about that.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>@tkg.com on 02/12/2001
11:19:45 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   "NetView List (E-mail)" <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] dataPush to DB2, message problems

Hi.  We are running Netview 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.  I'm working with the
dataPush utility to send data to a DB2 database for the TDS Netview guides.
In the log it has messages like:

/* 2001-02-07 12:05:07   nvColToSQL */
Error no 0: Sev 0 Msg           Default Message: The RDBMS
server call has failed.
The operation was:  %7$s
The RDBMS server call's return code was:  %8$d

I'm wondering about the "%7$s" stuff.  Am I missing some special message
files that would get filled in here?  Maybe a missing environmental
variable?  I'm just looking for a hint on where to go to get some
meaningful messages so I may continue to debug the problems we are
experiencing.

Thanks for any help!

Craig Treptow
Principal Financial Group