Re: Re: Re: nvcorrd dies on signal 11 update again

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re: Re: nvcorrd dies on signal 11 update again
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:26:46 -0500
Mike,
I cannot respond to inquiries of this type on this list.  As I said, it is
an inappropriate place.  That kind of information is why you open a problem
in the first place.
And you must go back through channels for an update.

Do you want an assurance that someone is working on this APAR?  They are.
I have seen people working on it.  Have they made progress?  Yes, some.
But there are still issues remaining.  When will they be done?  I don't
know.  It is a complex memory management problem in C++ and such things are
not easy to fix.   Will it be fixed?  Yes.  Will it be fixed in two weeks?
I don't know.  Will it be fixed in a month?  I don't know. Will it be fixed
before the next release?  Yes.  But I cannot be more specific than that and
I will not speculate as to a date on a public forum.

Sorry but that is the best I can do.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT