Node Down not closing in TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Node Down not closing in TEC
From: Blane_P_Robertson@reliantenergy.com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:23:45 -0600
Fellow Tivoliers,

Good day.  I have an issue that sporadically poked it's head up here, and
I would like to see what the collective has to say about it.

In the last couple of weeks, I have had some Node Down events not get
closed out in TEC by a corresponding Node Up from Netview.  From digging
around, I have determined that sometimes it's caused by the Node Up not
getting generated, sometimes it's because it never made it to TEC
(determined from looking at a wtdumprl on our TEC), and once it even made
it to TEC but didn't get processed(?).

My question is this - what would prevent NetView from generating a Node Up
event?

Any and all comments are appreciated.  Please be gentle, since I recently
took over NetView.  Also, respond directly since I only get the digest...

TIA!

Peace,
Blane Robertson