Events from NetView to T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Events from NetView to T/EC
From: Montoya Vincent-O10501 <Vincent.Montoya@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:53:20 -0700

AIX Version 4.3
NetView Version 6.0
Seed file with non-snmp and snmp enabled agents. No ranges (wildcards) are
specified.
Mid-Level Management is being implemented.

Problem:

The following event gets forwarded to the T/EC with another events severity
and message. The two events are related and happen approximately at the same
time.
NetView Trap Customization:
===========
Specific:1001
Generic: 6
Enterprise: Some name 1.0
Source: Agent (A)
severity: warning
===========
The other event:
===========
Specific:1187
Generic: 6
Enterprise: (same as above) 1.0
Source: Agent (A)
severity: minor         #I believe this maps to Critical on the T/EC
=================
T/EC contains slots:

severity = Critical
msg = '#1187 "some string related to 1187"
nv_enterprise=(same as above);
nv_generic=6;
nv_specific=1001
I asked this question as clear as possible at this point. I'm relatively new
to this technology so I hope I can get some feedback on this so I can drill
down to a more intelligible question.