Re: Stub objects / netmon crashes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Stub objects / netmon crashes
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:25:28 -0500
The stub objects are removed every time you do an ovtopofix. You
see them at the beginning, lots and lots of deletes. You can get an
idea of how many you have by comparing the output of
ovobjprint -S and ovtopodump -l. The ovtopodump only counts the
real stuff, and the ovobjprint includes the stubs.

So yes, you can refine your seedfile, stop netmon, do the ovtopofix,
and restart netmon. Instead of rediscovering all of those stubs, netmon
will only rediscover those not prevented by your seedfile.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

Christian Farfan <Christian.Farfan@macquarie.com.au> on 02/19/2001 07:42:15
PM