Re: Netview AIX 6.x Database support for MSSQL

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview AIX 6.x Database support for MSSQL
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:40:04 -0500
I think that is "all" you need and if you want to try it, go ahead.  Please
post your results here.  I have always been a fan of pioneers.
We haven't done it here and there are no current plans to do it that I am
aware of, so I don't know about any pitfalls.
In the past, extending RBMS support also involved having to change some of
the table names and things because some of the vendors had different
restrictions on field sizes and table name lengths, and so code changes
were required.  But experiments had to be done find to find out.

Good luck

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT