Alias Table Update

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Alias Table Update
From: ESM CCSD <CCSD.ESM@fth2.siemens.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:29:20 +0100
Hello, I wonder if somebody can help me out here ?

I have installed Netview 6.0.1 on Solaris, and am trying to offload the
polling of
resources to one of two MLM's. The trouble is that many of the resources do
not reside in the
same subnet as the MLM, so Netview is performing the initial discovery. I
then use a script which automatically
adds the resource to the relevant mlmDomain smartset. In doing this the
resource should be added to the Alias
table on the relevant MLM !

My question is what triggers the update of the alias table ? As I understand
it should be the configuration check
which runs once per day by default. However after testing this theory I am
not convinced... Can anyone shed some
light on this matter.

thanks in advance
Darren