Rulesets and forwarding to T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Rulesets and forwarding to T/EC
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 20:52:49 -0600
Hi.  We are running Netview 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.  I setup another ruleset to
remove the authentication errors from the event monitor display.  This worked
well, but it seems to have stopped events from being forwarded to T/EC.  I'm
using the same ruleset for the forwarding to T/EC as I am for the event
monitoring.

The ruleset has the event stream(pass) going to four different trap settings
for the four types of authentication errors.  All four of those go into one
"Block Event Display".  That's it.  I'm ok with this right now, if it would
just forward all of the non-authentication error events to T/EC.

Does anybody have an idea of what I need to be doing differently?

Thanks.

Craig Treptow
Principal Financial Group
I/S Network Administration