Re: Rulesets and forwarding to T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Rulesets and forwarding to T/EC
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 23:02:50 -0500
Hmmm.  NO events?  Have you looked to see whether the /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache
file is growing?  If so, then you have a connectivity problem and not a
ruleset one.  Basically, if your ruleset works in the events window then it
should work fine for TEC, because nvcorrd's does the logic in both cases.
Forward still means "return this event to the application which registered
this ruleset".  In both cases that is nvserverd, he sends the events back
to each event window, and in the case of TEC, calls his internal TEC
forwarding routines.  So it sounds like you can't get through.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>@tkg.com on 03/03/2001