RE: xnmappmon How-To question.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: xnmappmon How-To question.
From: Bernard Disselborg <bdisselb@triple-p.nl>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:49:33 +0100
Ray,

No you can't. Xnmappmon allows only 1 input variable.
A hack around this would be to prompt for the hostname and count using the
following syntax: <hostname>_<count>, e.g. host_3.
In your script you would have the lines:

echo $1 | sed 's/_/ /g' | read HOST COUNT
ping -c $COUNT $HOST

This assumes you don't use underscores in your hostnames.

HTH,

Bernard