RE: Rulesets and forwarding to T/EC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Rulesets and forwarding to T/EC
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:03:20 -0500
You will have to get your TEC people to assit with the debugging.  Whoever
set up the TEC will have to tell you what port it is listening on.  Unless
you specify ServerPort in the tecint.conf file, the default port of 0 will
be used.  If your TEC server is running on UNIX, then port 0 will monitored
by the portmapper daemon, who will redirect the TEC traffic to the port TEC
actually listens to.    If you aren't running portmapper, or you have an NT
TEC server (there is no portmapper on NT) then you will have to specify the
actual TEC port in the tecint.conf    See the man page on tecint.conf for
more information.

More than likely, if this works some of the time and not others, then you
have a problem with something not running properly on the TEC server or
there being a network problem between them.  There is not much that can go
wrong on the NetView side.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT