Re: Menu/Tool Bar customization

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Menu/Tool Bar customization
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 23:36:43 -0500
The proper way to control access to maps is through permissions.
See serversetup, or smitty nv6000, configure. You can control whether
users can open a map, open it r/o, or open it r/w. And you can control
whether they can make their own maps (that's the global part).

The proper way to control access to menu functions is to set up Netview
Security. That's a bit more complex, and is covered in the Admin Guide.

Detroit

z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetroleum.com>@tkg.com on 03/02/2001
06:17:17 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com