Re: modify object status?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: modify object status?
From: "Paul Kretek" <p.kretek@web.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 09:27:35 +0100
Sorry for my unclear question.
My main purpose is to change an object status according to my trigger input
event instead of using NetView to poll the status of the object.
According to my research, I think that I have to change the statuses on the
Object database that consists of Object IP status and map database that
consists of object status and symbol statuses after reading the programmer's
Guide.
I think that I can use the OVwDB api calls to modify the object IP statuses
and use OVwSetStatusOnObject(s) and OVwSetStatusOnSymbols(s) to set the new
status on the map(s).  I do not know if this is the correct way to do it.
That is why I was wondering how NetView handles this.  It will be nice that
if you can give some advices if my approach to the problem is correct.

You also mentioned about sending my own snmp trap to NetView that interests
me a lot but not yet researches on it much.  I know that NetView has defined
a set of NetView events or traps and display them on the event browse
whenever a particular event is met???  Could that be possible that I use
OVSnmp Api  to send a trap that contains the status change action to change
the status of an object?

I hope that I explain my problem more clear this time and thank you for your
kindness supports.

Best Regards,

P. Kretek