Re: ESE.automation file

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ESE.automation file
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 09:44:33 -0500
Yes, but these rules are run in  the background by actionsvr.  They do not
affect the events display, unless you have an action in them which is
issuing its own new traps using snmptrap.  The main purpose here if for
rulesets that do things like paging, or writing stuff to a file, and such
things as you want to happen all the time, whether anyone has a GUI up or
not.   Such rulesets don't have "Forward" or "Resolve" in the them because
they don't send events to a window.  And such rulesets have the initial
Event Stream node set to "block" rather than "pass" to prevent any
unintentional forwarding.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT