commands in .reg files

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: commands in .reg files
From: Laurent Fontaine <laurent.fontaine@detexis.thomson-csf.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 10:31:09 +0100
Il s'agit d'un message multivolet au format MIME.
Hello,

1- How can we run script files (.bat file) from a Netview customized
(.reg file) desktop on PC NT4 running Netview 6.0 ?
    It seems that Netview handles only executables (.exe) as commands in
.reg files. *.bat are clearly not executed (and no feedback on that).
There is a nvshellexecute program on the Netview distribution which
seems to handle scripts within .reg files, but it runs scripts in a dos
window that we don't want to see. By the way we didn't find any
documentation on this program.

2- In the cas of executables (.exe), is there a way to get its stdout
(stderr...) ?

Thanks.

--
 Laurent Fontaine