upgrade NV 5 --> 6 and Sun 2.6 --> 2.8

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: upgrade NV 5 --> 6 and Sun 2.6 --> 2.8
From: jtho@ch.ibm.com
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:38:51 +0100

Hi there,

we are running NetView V5.1.3 on Solaris 2.6. Now we want to upgrade to
Solaris 2.8 and NetView 6.0.1.
The Solaris server will be a fresh setup, no real upgrade (same hostname
and IP adress). What do I have to do? First upgrade NetView V5.1.3 -->
V6.0.1, do a migration save, then installation of Solaris 2.8, and put the
migration save on this machine and install NetView 6.0.1?
Or just do a migration save of NetView V5.1.3 and put this save no the
fresh installad Solaris 2.8 server and then do the upgrade? What would you
suggest? Which files and directories do i have to save additionally to the
migration save? Any suggestions are welcome.

Best regards,

Jörg Thomann

Postal Address:
IBM Schweiz