Tip for printing the Selected Objects List, or the results of a Locate

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Tip for printing the Selected Objects List, or the results of a Locate
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:41:42 -0500
I've been having lots of fun lately hanging things off the Reports Menu.
I recommend it for your home-made tools and scripts, especially if your
users are not big on the AIX commandline.

Here's how I finally was able to deal with the Selected Objects List. Also
good for capturing the results of  Locate commands (followed by
'View...Highlights...Select Highlights' ).

Put this little script in your local scripts directory:
#!/bin/ksh
# selected.sh
#  A script to be called from the Monitor..Reports menu
# for creating a sortable and printable list of the things
# that are presently Selected in the map
#
#set -x
echo $1 | tr " " "\012"
exit
And put this little script in /usr/OV/reports/C, named something nice
like Print_Selected_Objects.sh
#!/bin/ksh
# Print the contents of the Selected Object List.
name=$(basename $0)

xnmappmon -geometry 680x500 -commandTitle "$name" \
   -commandHeading "Print Selected Objects List" \
   -cmd /usr/local/tivoli/scripts/selected.sh "$OVwSelections"

Output from things in the Reports directory are presented with the
nice xnmappmon box, so you get buttons for sorting, saving,
and printing the output. This is handy for all kinds of things.
I use it especially for capturing updates to location.conf. I could
NOT get the tr to work directly in the -cmd clause, but it works
fine from another script.