Help running collections on a cisco WAN interface

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Help running collections on a cisco WAN interface
From: "Jeff W" <jeffw411@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 09:11:31 -0500
<P>I am trying to run a collection for WAN statistics on a cisco router serial
interface. I have the collection built, using the IP and instance of the
interface in question. However, the counts that return i.e. for carrier
transistions do no match the counts on the actual interface. I have done a
clear counters on the router but it does not change things. Right not the
interface show no carrier transitions at 0 but the collection comes back with
something like 1580. When I use the MIB browers, it also returns an amount that
does not match the actual interface it show the same as the collection, in fact
it apears that only a couple of interface match the right amount. </P>
<P><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">Could someone explain, what might be
wrong or what I may be doing wrong. My end goal is to set a threshold that will
send in alert to notifiy an operator that the line is experiencing carrier
transistion and interface resets. This is on an AIX 4.2.2 platform, and I
believe netview level is 5.1.3.</FONT></P>