nvcorrd ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: nvcorrd ?
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:35:17 -0600
Hello All,

NV 6.0.2 for UNIX on IBM AIX 4.3.3 with maintenance level 4.

I've been testing an inconsistent ruleset that checks for node down of
critical devices. If the node is down for over 5 minutes, then page Ray. I
found a problem with name resolution. The forward lookup of the host name
returned 5 IP addresses. The reverse resolution was not working for all 5 IP
addresses. The ruleset works correctly now.

In the process of monitoring the ruleset, I ran "nvcdebug -d all" command.
When I attempt to run the debug, I keep encountering an "unable to connect
to correlation daemon" error. I can correct the problem by stopping
actionsvr, then nvcorrd and restarting all the daemons. The same error may
be caused when I simply stop actionsvr after making a change to a ruleset.

No core dumps show in the AIX error report. nvstat shows all daemons as
running.

Has anyone else had this experience with NV 6.0.2?

Thanks.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car