SNMPCollect and Graphs on NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMPCollect and Graphs on NT
From: "Dabbs, Cliff" <cliff.dabbs@mcps-prs-alliance.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:23:16 +0100
Ladies and Gents,

I have been collecting SNMP data for my Routers and have noticed some odd
things which I would like some clarification on.

Firstly when I graph the stored data I can only go back approx. 12 Hours,
even though the collection has been running for weeks. If I try to extend
the time displayed by the graphing app it still starts from the same time,
for example thismorning I ran a graph for all data on 1 Router and I was
shown a graph which started at 7pm yesterday. The Same occurs if I try to
filter the data before trying the graph.

Also, having looked at the database and tried to graph the data using excel.
I have noticed that the Database is only storing 3 days worth of data. is it
possible to set this anywhere as 3 days is not enough?

Help would be appreciated as I need to get these reports out by Friday.

Cheers

Cliff Dabbs
Senior Network Analyst
IS Support - Networks.
Ex: 4708

privileged material. Any use (including retransmission or copying)
of this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient of this
transmission, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer. The sender is not responsible for the
completeness or accuracy of this communication as it has been
transmitted over a public network. Any replies to this email may be
monitored by the MCPS-PRS Alliance for quality control and other
purposes.