Antwort: RE: netmon.seed Error: "No seedfile is used"

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: RE: netmon.seed Error: "No seedfile is used"
From: sylvia.koch@emprise.de
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:32:24 +0200
The seedfile you are trying to read by Administer--> Backup-->Read seed has
nothing to do with the seedfile, with which you want to discover new nodes
in the network. It is used by the backup process to determine which nodes
are managers, as well as how manager-container associations should be made.
It's described in Administrators Guide at page 277.

Sylvia Koch

                    Montoya

                    Vincent-O10501              An:     "'IBM NetView
Discussion'"
                    <Vincent.Montoya@mot        <nv-l@tkg.com>

                    orola.com>                  Kopie:  (Blindkopie: Sylvia
Koch/Emprise)
                    Gesendet von:               Thema:  RE: [NV-L] netmon.seed
Error: "No
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com          seedfile is used"

                    28.03.01 00:41

                    Bitte antworten an

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Scott,

Yes I can but apparently it did not have much to do with the actual
problem. After I ran reset_ci as James suggested and ran netmon -y NetView
discovered the new nodes. But it still pops up the error message when
trying to read it through Administer-->Backup-->Read Seed.