SNMP Polling

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMP Polling
From: Michel.Grossenbacher@coop.ch
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:37:24 +0200
Hi all together
I am wondering if there is any special thing about SNMP polling for NetView
6.0, I have a small set of nodes (about 6 at the moment) that needs to be
polled by SNMP cause the firewall they are behind will not accept normal
Ping in the near future. I added those nodes with $ in my seed file and got
them discovered. Now I see some strange behaviors of that nodes, the 2
Servers I am Polling are going down/up in a second rythm and I get Node Up,
Interface Up Events from the switches, no Down Events. I changed the Polling
to normal Ping now and they dont seem to have the same problems after
that...
Any sugestions on that?

Thank you in advance

Michel Grossenbacher