Security Administration

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Security Administration
From: "Raymond Tuggle" <rtuggle@bcbsga.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 08:38:05 -0500
Hello
    I am trying to allow the group OPER to have telnet access to
routers.  I  am running Netview 5.1.2 on AIX.
        I go into Adminiter>Security Administration.
        I then highlight the OPER group in the middle of the panel and
select Add/Change.
        On the Add/change Group Security Registration window I select
the arrow key next to Applications.
        On the next screen I select NNM-HPUX.rsam (Remote System
Administration Manager) and press the OK button.
        Then back on the Add/change Group Security Registration window I
select OK.
        Then a panel comes up with choices for Remote SAM-> Administer,
(aixterm), (xterm), etc.
        I change the permissions to rx.  I have tried all other
combinations I can think of.
        Then I select OK.
        Finally I exit the Security Administration menu.

        However, the operators still do not see an option when they log
onto Netview, under the administration menu option, or any where else
that allows them to telnet.  They try this after they have highlighted a
router.

        Is there something else I have to do after making the changes to
the panels to activate this?  Or am I doing this incorrectly?