Re: custom symbols

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: custom symbols
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:23:46 -0500
If you have access to the product, you have access to the books. PDF
versions are included in /usr/OV/books/C/pdf

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Duble, Ethan" <Ethan.Duble@coopertools.com>@tkg.com on 03/28/2001 03:56:10
PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   "'nv-l@tkg.com'" <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] custom symbols

I would like to make custom interface cards symbols called LAN and WAN for
the heldesk to quickly see what the interface conects to. I added a entry
in
/usr/OV/symbols/C/Cards that reads

SymbolType "Cards" : "Lan"
{
        Filebase ":lan_C";
        CursorSize 38;
}

then made the new bitmaps from other symbols that i edited with the aix
icon
editor and saved as lan_c.*.m and *.p

the one thing i couldnt figrure was the filebase , i copied fax_c to lan_c
,
and i now i have a new symbol in netview under the cards called LAN

My problem is that it is the same as the generic symbol (LAN is not drawn
on
the symbol)

Did my changes i did in icon editor not take effect or is it in the base
file

man pages say to look into the netview programers guide (which i dont have
access to )

Has anybody else done this

Thanks in Advance

Running