Re: snmp objects discovery problem.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmp objects discovery problem.
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:59:26
One other thing to check out if command
like SNMP access works but a "Demand Poll"
test from the NetView GUI timesout:
Check the file /usr/OV/lib/libnvsnmp.a

If it's size is 32771 bytes, you have a
version that will cause this problem if
you have IP addresses in your ovsnmp.conf
file (which is recommended).  You need to
get an updated copy of libnvsnmp.a, which
should be 1248131 bytes.  Either contact
Tivoli support for it or I can email it
to you.

That fixed the same problem I was having.

Les Dickert
Verisign Consulting

-rw-r--r--   1 netview  secadmin 1248131 Mar 08 11:29 libnvsnmp.a
-r--r--r--   1 netview  secadmin  329771 Mar 08 11:25 libnvsnmp.a.sav