snmp objects discovery problem.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmp objects discovery problem.
From: "mtfuri" <mtfuri@fibimail.co.il>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:18:16 +0300
I am using netview 6.01 on aix 4.3.3 and try to snmp- manage some Cisco routers.
doing snmp -c <community> from the Aix shell produce the right results, but
doing a demand poll from netview
bring only the "ping" information and I am getting an snmp time out message.
The object is not discovered as router to the database. those router has 4 legs
and I have a static route to two of the relevant nets.
I am able to recognize the same type of Cisco routers on another, more simple
net so I don't think that a mib is missing on my machine.
can any one help ??
TIA
Uri Cohen