Re: Maximum number of events?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Maximum number of events?
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:38:55 -0400
That depends on what is going on.  The message means that netmon is not
processing the traps that trapd is sending to him, probably because he is
busy doing something else.  When his queue gets full, trapd terminates his
connection, so that he himself does not wind up in an out-of-memory
condition.  If you have just restarted netmon then this may be entirely
normal, because he has to do all of his initialization and config checks
before he can process traps.  When he is done with his init stuff, he will
re-connect to trapd and start paying attention to the incoming trap flow.
If you have not just restarted netmon, then you may have a trap storm
problem or a netmon hang of some kind to investigate.  I would start with
the netmon trace and see what netmon is doing in that case, and call
Support if you need help.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT