Error retrieving mapdb field info - solution

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Error retrieving mapdb field info - solution
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:50:04 +0100
I have just had a problem with this error message on Solaris 2.7 with
NetView 5.1, 6.0, 6.0.2.  The archives have several hits which were
usually to do with the filesystem filling up and the solution was to run
reset_ci and blow away the databases.

I was seeing the same symptoms but immediately after install - I never
got to see any maps although the GUI obviously started coming up and the
solution above had no effect.

The solution was that I had omitted to include /usr/OV/lib in my
LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.  Not sure whether I could have fixed the
problem just by setting this, running reset_ci and rediscovering the
databases - I actually blew away the whole NetView installation and
reinstalled, first ensuring that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was correct.

Cheers,
Jane
--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565