Re: Web clients ? why use it.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web clients ? why use it.
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:22:50
We use the web client and like it pretty well,
especially being able to acknowledge nodes.

The only way I have found to get a readable
map with the web client is to manually spread
out the display with our main X-terminal.
On most of the drill downs we can let the auto
layout do it, but on the busier ones we have
to manually do them too.  If the labels on the
web client are still cut off, moving the curser
over them shows the whole label, which helps.

Of course it could be a lot better, but it is
usable.

The main thing we don't like (anybody in development
listening?) is not being able to select a ruleset
when we open the Event Viewer, like we could in the
good ol' pre-6.0 "new and improved" web client days!

Les Dickert
Verisign Consulting